Joint Advisory Committee
The Central Lancashire Strategic Planning Joint Advisory Committee (JAC) is made-up of members from Chorley, Preston and South Ribble Councils. They are responsible for scrutinising and deciding on the Local Plan, considering proposals, debating key issues, and endorsing or challenging elements of the plan at their discretion.
Responsibility to Chair meetings rotates between councillors, as does the venue between each council. Contacts for either venue can be found below. The next meetings of the JAC will be held:
- Tuesday 4th June 2019, 6:30pm at West paddock, South Ribble Borough Council
- Tuesday 3rd September 2019, 6:30pm at Preston City Council
- Tuesday 5th November 2019, 6:30pm at VENUE TBC
- Tuesday 28th January 2020, 6:30pm at VENUE TBC
- Tuesday 24th March 2020, 6:30pm at VENUE TBC
Committee meeting minutes and agendas date back to January 2009 and can be digitally accessed in-browser or as a PDF for printing from the Chorley Borough Council or Preston City Council websites.
Membership - Updated June 2019
Chorley Borough Council
- Councillor Alistair Bradley [Chorley South East]
- Councillor Alistair Morwood [Chorley North East]
- Councillor Martin Boardman [Eccleston and Mawdesley]
- Councillor Christopher France (Reserve) [Wheelton and Withnell]
- Councillor Roy Lees (Reserve) [Chorley South West]
- Councillor Debra Platt (Reserve) [Euxton South]
Preston City Council
- Councillor Peter Moss [Riversway]
- Councillor John Potter [Cadley]
- Councillor Sue Whittam [Preston Rural North]
- Councillor Javed Iqbal JP (Reserve) [St Matthews]
- Councillor Harry Landless (Reserve) [Preston Rural East]
South Ribble Borough Council
- Councillor William Evans [Earnshaw Bridge]
- Councillor Caleb Tomlinson [Bamber Bridge West]
- Councillor Malcolm Donoghue [Seven Stars]
- Councillor Paul Foster (Reserve) [Bamber Bridge West]
- Councillor Mick Titherington (Reserve) [Broadfield]
- County Councillor Michael Green [Moss Side]
- County Councillor Jim Marsh [Coupe Green and Gregson Lane]
- County Councillor Barrie Yates [Samlesbury and Walton]
Lancashire County Council (Officers)
- David Gordon
- Emma Prideaux
The agreed terms of reference for the JAC are as follows:
- To make recommendations to Chorley, Preston and South Ribble Councils regarding the content, including document preparation timetabling, of the Local Development schemes covering Central Lancashire.
- To consider and examine issues relating to the production of a Joint Core Strategy for Central Lancashire and to make recommendations to the above Councils regarding the content and development of the Joint Core Strategy.
- To make recommendations to the above Councils regarding future plan making associated with the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the Joint Core Strategy and other relevant documents in the Local Development Scheme.
- To keep under review plans and policies prepared by Chorley, Preston and South Ribble Councils (the Local Planning Authorities) and Lancashire County Council Relating to the strategic planning of Central Lancashire as a whole with particular emphasis on such matters in which the area is self-contained and to make recommendations to each Local Planning Authority and the County Council on necessary amendments or alterations thereto.
- To keep under review the evidence base relating to strategic planning matters (including relevant housing, economic, transport and environmental research) affecting Central Lancashire and make recommendations to each Local Planning Authority and the County Council on the commissioning of appropriate research to ensure that any such evidence base is kept up to date.
- To monitor and report to each Local Planning Authority and the County Council on the effective delivery of strategic development as defined in S33 (A) (4) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 (as amended) to ensure compliance with the duty to co-operate and specifically concerning the provision of new housing, new employment opportunities, the economic health of city and town centres, sustainable transport and the provision of infrastructure.
- To keep under review and make recommendations to each Local Planning Authority on the Community Infrastructure Levy charging schedule and Infrastructure List.
- To make recommendations on the delivery of the Preston, South Ribble and Lancashire City Deal II.